This website should NOT be used in urgent or emergency medical situations. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Effective Date: 4/1/2020
Deborah Heart and Lung Center’s Notice of Privacy Practices is a separate document that governs how medical information about you may be used and disclosed by Deborah Heart and Lung Center.
I. Collection of Information
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use a Service:
Information you provide directly to us.
For certain Services or activities, such as when you register with a Service, subscribe to our alerts, or contact us directly, we may collect some or all of the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your full name, email address, mobile phone number, and address;
- Username and password;
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and credit card security code;
- Personal health information, including information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, and health insurance;
- Doctor reviews; and
- Any other information you provide to us.
You should not use these “Contact Us” forms for urgent or emergency questions or questions of a medical nature. Using these “Contact Us” forms does not constitute or create a doctor-patient relationship between us and any recipient. You should not send us any confidential or sensitive information for physicians in the “Contact Us” forms. Whatever you disclose to us in that manner will not be privileged or confidential.
Information we collect automatically.
We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services, such as your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other standard server log information. We may also collect certain location information when you use the Services, such as your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers.
We may also collect technical data to address and fix technical problems and improve the Services. Your device or browser settings may permit you to control the collection of this technical data. By using the Services, you are consenting to us or any party acting on our behalf collecting this technical data.
Information from Third-Party Services.
If you access the Services from an advertisement on a third-party website, application, or other service (a “Third-Party Service”) we may receive information from the owner of the Third-Party Service related to you or that advertisement.
Information we obtain from your health care providers and other sources.
In connection with Services that involve medical treatment, we may collect medical records from your past, current, and future health care providers. This may include information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, laboratory and pathology test results and reports, social histories, any family history of illness, and records about phone calls and emails related to your illness.
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. We may combine our first-party data, such as your email address or name, with third-party data from other sources and use this to contact you (e.g. through direct mail). For example, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to login to the Services or to share information about your experience on the Services with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
II. Use of Information
We may use the information we collect online to:
- Provide and improve the Services;
- Contact you;
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information;
- Send you information about additional clinical services or general wellness from us or on behalf of our affiliates;
- Analyze the use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Services;
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
III. Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, providing medical advice for telemedicine services, management and hosting of telemedicine services, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, direct mail, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting) advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.• Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with Deborah Hospital Foundation, our fund-raising affiliate.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of Deborah Heart and Lung Center.
- Business Transfers. HIPAA permits organizations to transfer PHI in certain circumstances. We can transfer your information as part of a transfer of the assets of the organization, merger, or consolidation or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, if such transfer is permissible under HIPAA and the HIPAA Notice.
- Protected Health Information. We may transfer your PHI as described in the HIPAA Notice and permitted under HIPAA.
- With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction. If you choose to engage in public activities on the third party sites that we link to, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these sites and forums. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in public areas. No information provided by patients during medical consultations or requests for medical appointments is ever used for marketing purposes.
We use measures to protect Protected Health Information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction in accordance with HIPAA. We use measures designed to protect other information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
We do not share Protected Health Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
V. Third-party Links and Content
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service in order to help us better monitor and manage our services.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
VI. International Users
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to our Services.